Wednesday 22 February 2012

Work It Out: Mad Men Houndstooth

Ever since Banana Republic opened its stores in the UK I have tentatively purchased the odd cardigan, dress or necklace here and there. If you are a fan check out the 25% off code at the bottom of this post!

Banana Republic have great quality pieces that last, but are sometimes a little plain for my taste. Also, the shape of their dresses sometimes don't fit me as well as others, though I find the same to be true with NEXT and L.K.Bennett. I'm not sure if this is because they use shorter models with very different proportions to myself. I usually find that I have a lot of space in the waist, but if I go a size down the thigh area becomes far too tight... Does anyone else have this problem? Perhaps it's just my thunder thighs... ;)
 Banana Republic Mad Men Collection Houndstooth Dress. Mango Navy Cardigan.
 I love the contrast of the light satin-esque top with the heavier wool bottom of this dress, tied together with the graphic houndstooth print.
This dress was from Banana Republic's Mad Men Collection and originally $185 (not sure of exact £), but I managed to snap it up in the sale for a fraction of the price (£30!!). Unfortunately the other dresses in the collection were nowhere to be found, namely my favourite Betty dress!
This collection embodies my favourite shapes and period inspiration. Tailoring, curves and lady like silhouettes... Love! 
I am not afraid to admit that I fantasize about walking into the office looking like this every day... ;)

If you are a fan of Banana Republic and fancy checking out their latest offerings you can save 25% on your purchase with the code: BRSPRING

What do you guys think of Banana Republic? Are there any pieces you are currently lusting after? xx
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. i've not shopped in Banana Republic before! I am going to check out their website now tho!

    http://www.allthingsbeautymake-upandshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mauve one, such a beautiful shape :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have this problem :( I think they're just making them for people with boyish figures which most people seem to have these days

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great to be availing a sale in these markets specially...yes all dresses that are displayed by the models are not very suitable for us but we can trial them a and then buy them...nice collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have the same issue with NEXT and few other brands, even from their petite range (I'm a petite).

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig