Sunday 12 February 2012

The Lazy Girl's Guide to Good Hair

Hair! 
I'm not afraid to say it... When my hair looks good I feel great. 
Good hair just puts an extra spring in your step and makes you feel instantly more confident! However, I am the first to admit that I am super lazy when it comes to hair. I've never had a particularly high maintenance style, but my hair has always been long and with a mind of its own, so I have developed tricks over the years to keep it manageable, with very little effort.

After washing my hair at night I like to blow dry it upside down (for some volume) and sleep with it in a high, loose bun overnight.
I recommend using a clip rather than a hair tie as it doesn't create any unwelcome kinks. This prevents my hair from getting frizzy overnight, while retaining lots of volume and creating some shape. When I take it down in the morning it still looks full, but not quite as wild as it can be straight after drying.
Most days I tend to keep my style pretty natural and let the curls roam free. As my hair is long it is a little dry, so I try not to wash it too often in order for it to retain some natural moisture and prevent the colour fading too quickly.
 
Even though it doesn't get particularly greasy it can sometimes fall a little flat between washes. I'm all about the big hair, so my secret weapon in the mornings between washes is always dry shampoo.
V05's new Refresh Me Quick and Plump Me Up dry shampoos smell absolutely amazing and leave the hair full of volume and bounce (RRP £3.49, available in major supermarkets and chemists from April)!

Once the roots are sorted I like to add a little gloss and tame the frizz. Depending on how long it has been between washes I will use either a refreshing, moisturising spray or a slightly heavier serum or oil. The sprays I am currently loving are Bed Head Spoil Me, which is great at banishing static and frizz (£11.25).
For lustrous impact I have really enjoyed using Scandalous Luminous Shine Finishing Spray (£3.49) to add some gloss and lustre to my hair.  It also has quite a strong, spicy scent that's great for refreshing your hair.
For third day hair that really needs taming, or if I have styled it and it's starting to look a little dry I run a serum through the ends to add shine and smoothness. I have recently been using the Tre Semme Split Remedy Sealing Serum (£5.50), which has a lovely light texture that doesn't weigh hair down and reduces the appearance of split ends. 
Alternatively I may use a tiny drop of oil such as pure argan oil or  Shu Uemura Art of Hair Essence Absolue (£39.50), which smells amazing and leaves hair super silky!
It seems like quite a bit of effort when I write it all down, but I tend to rely on one or two products instead of using heat and never spend longer than a few seconds on my hair in the mornings. I wish I could be a 'wash and go' kind of girl, but unfortunately not all of us are blessed with a natural, beautiful mane of hair ;).
Do you spend much time on your hair? What are your hair secrets and tips? What products do you rely on to keep your hair looking fabulous? xxx
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I just washed my hair, dried it upside down and put it in a loose bun - hopefully mine will turn out somewhat as nice as yours! I usually spend about 30 minutes on my hair every other day - drying and straightening - so I'm not sure if that's considered a lot or not much! Moroccan Oil is definitely my saviour x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair is so shiny and naturally gorgeous! I'm so jealous! My hair care saviours are the Batiste blonde dry shampoo as it actually lightens roots! and a Clynol repair mask that I have written about here
    Your cat is beautiful as well :)
    Love Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, I absolutely swear by dry shampoo. I have a full fringe and it wouldn't be possible without dry shampoo!

    http://memoirsofawardrobe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowyour hair looks lush! i really love that colour on you. you looks so pretty.

      Great post sweetie.

      Myfashion/beaty blog.
      http://xfruitytooty.blogspot.com/

      xxx

      Delete
  4. I have so much hair envy right now, your hair always looks so lovely and healthy! Usually, I use quite a bit of heat on my hair to tame it which has made it quite damaged :( I love aussie products though, they are a god send! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Aussie's heat protectant styling cream.. it's amazing :). xxx

      Delete
  5. your hair is nice! xx
    cantruninheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. what color do you use on your hair that is exactly the shade I have been looking for, its gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hun,

      Thank you! The latest colour I have been using is John Frieda's Foam Colour in 5RV. Hope that helps! x

      Delete
    2. Thank you I have been trying to find that shade and I got close and thought I couldn't get it with box dye, seeing your color gives me hope I'm so excited to dye my hair again now I can't wait.

      Delete
  7. I love the colour and shininess of your hair, looks so so healthy!
    I've been dyeing mine now for around 6 years and I'm not even 20 yet! I've stopped now and it's like a dusty ginger, which I like at the moment as it resembles Lana Del Rey's hair. I usually use a hair mask when my hair is looking dead, I use Clynol which I got really cheaply at my hair dressers cause it was end of line stuff. I also use Aussie detangler spray which smells gorgeous!

    Few years ago, my mum bought some Coconut oil, which does wonders for your hair! It's relatively cheap too!

    Look at my new blog too... auburn-enigma.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The girls will love the guidelines given here fro good hair. Useful infromation

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can get lazy girls guide to girls hair from the post here. Useful post

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lazy girls guid to good hair is given in the post here. Know all about it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay I loooove your hair.
    But let me ask you, what is your natural hair color?
    I feel like 5RV is so dark, but so beautiful, in the first picture your hair is darker than the last, how often do you color your hair?
    I'm sorry for the questions but I've been on the quest for the perfect shade of red for idk how long now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your hair! I am going to try VO5 dry shampoo.

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig