Wednesday 29 February 2012

Beauty Marked Sketch

On Saturday one of my work girlies was celebrating her birthday in Soho so I popped in for a few cocktails. As I had been on the go all day I decided to quickly amp up my makeup for a fun night out.
As I was in a bit of a rush I didn't have a chance to write down everything I used (bad beauty blogger!), but I was mainly playing with a few products from my collection to create a deep, sultry plum smokey eye and a nude nip.

Skin:
  • NARS Sheer Glow foundation (looks great in photos) mixed with Dior Forever (lasts well).
  • Bobbi Brown creamy concealer.
  • ELF glow powder (it's not very shimmery, so works great as a setting powder when you want your skin to look radiant).
  •  YSL Afrique bronzer
  • NARS Angelika Blush
Eyes:
  • MAC Macriviolet fluidline (as base)
  • MAC Beauty Marked e/s (on lid)
  • MAC Sketch e/s (in crease and lower lashline)
  • Blackberry pigment sample (on centre of lid for a little shimmer)
  • MAC Shroom and Vanilla e/s (as highlight on brow bone)
  • L'Oreal Carbon Gloss liquid liner
  • Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara (£15 here)
  • Lashaholic LA03 Wispy Strip Lashes (£7.95 here)
 Lips:
  • MAC Creme d'nude
  • Clarins Instant Light lipgloss 02 Apricot Shimmer (£10.80 here)
I love the look of a red based purple as I think it makes all eye colours brighter and more vibrant!
What do you guys think of purple eye shadow? It can be a tricky one to work with, but it is one of my absolute favourite colours! What are your favourite eyeshadow colours? xxx
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love it brings out the colour of your eyes so well :) Just gorgeous! I'm a nude girl at heart I never seem to like anything else on me hah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes you eyes pop!! really nice colour

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look beautiful! the false lashes are really natural looking too- wore a new pair the other day and when i saw a photo cringed at how fake they looked x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look. Your skin looks for fresh and dewy. Love the eye choices as well. Compliments your eyes beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautigul here, love the eye make-up!

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hardly ever wear purple shadow but it looks great on you here; maybe it's time to experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the eyes! Such gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so pretty Penelope! I love the natural looking eye makeup - it looks like something I would typically wear too. The lip color is really pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig