Tuesday 12 May 2009

Spring in the City


Hello my lovelies, I hope you are all enjoying the beautiful weather we are having at the moment! I love spring and summer and am so happy it is finally sunny, albeit still chilly and windy, but it is definitely getting there! :)

In keeping with the change in weather I have really switched up my makeup recently. With the sun coming out I want to keep it as natural and fresh as possible, and have not worn my beloved dark, colourful looks in over a month! Don't get me wrong, I still love dramatic makeup, but for the day to day I have been sticking to a little concealer, bronzer, something light and shimmery on the eyes with no liner, a dash of mascara and colourful lips. For lipsticks my favourite have been bright pinks and corals such as YSL Rouge Volupte 8 and MAC's costa chic as well as smile dazzleglass.

Have any of you updated your routine for the spring/ summer season?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Hey,
    nice picture. Yeah my make up has changed too. I've been wearing warmer colours like peaches and bronzes. Also started to use MAC Woodwinked eyeshadow and especially love DIOR Powder Shimmer in Amber Diamond on the cheekbones for a summer glow
    :)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, Natulechka! Keep coming back to read your stories and watch videos. And your English is beautiful, too. How long have you been living here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also enjoying sunny London (not sure how much longer it will stay like this though!) You're right about switching from heavy darker make-up to lighter and fresher looks, it suits the atmosphere better! I've stopped wearing foundation for summer- I just use MAC Studio Fix concealer around the eye area and over any blemishes and then dust MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural over the top with a kabuki brush. It gives a nice light/medium coverage (which is not at all cakey or powdery) and it keeps the shine away. Oh and I've also upped the ante on the SPF front which I believe to be v. important!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feedback girls! I too am loving warmer colours, peaches and golds especially. You all know that normally I'm very much a cool toned girl hehe!
    I think it is important to let skin breathe and with less makeup on I am already noticing the benefits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been using more bronzer & less foundation & powder. The spring weather has made pull out colors I haven't used in a while.
    Love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new summer look - I always go neutral for summer I am now on a peach/bronze phase at the moment too :)

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig