Monday 1 June 2009

Saturday night da-da-da-dadee-da-da-da

On Saturday I went out for drinks and a little dance in Amika. It was a fun night, though we left quite early as my friend has Law School exams starting today so she had to be well rested. Also, our table was right on the dance floor and it was getting far too hot and crowded. Especially now that it is warmer I really wish someone would catch on and open a club with a sizable outside area (holiday style)!! I am thinking large, white seating area, Moroccan lamps, exotic cocktails... Perhaps i should pitch this idea to someone as there is nothing worse than being couped up in a hot basement on these rare, but lovely warm nights.

Anyway ramble over, I thought I would share with you my outfit for the night as I personally love to see OOTD posts (Gosh, I am a bit of a stalker huh?).I straightened my hair and braided the front. I kept my makeup pretty simple (well, for me) as this dress is a statement colour (more coral than orange in real life). I paired neutral eyes with a bright coral lip to compliment the dress.

Unfortunately my hair is covering it here but the detail at the front of this Warehouse dress is really lovely. The lighter fabric is folded and it creates a great contrast with the smooth skirt of the dress. At the back there is also a black bow, which adds a girly twist to the structured front.

My bag is from FCUK and shoes are from Zara a couple of seasons ago.

Oh and the faux glow is courtesy of Dove moisturiser with a hint of sunless tan. Perfect for those of us with ghostly complexions as it is very subtle, and can be built up over a couple of days to prevent any patches or streaking hazards :).

I wonder how many of you will get the song I am referring to in my title hehe ;).
xxx
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. haha! i remember having the song on tape and playing it over and over doing the dance!! I squeal everytime i hear the 'bedeadea!' at the beginning!! haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely :) I especially like how your ring matches the coral on the bust of the dress, very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous. I love coral and the cut of that dress is gorgeous. Makes me even more desperate to get out of maternity clothes!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! :)

    And isn't that the song by Wigfield?! Can't remember if that's the correct name, but I certainly remember the song! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i remember doing THE dance to that song at the school disco,thinking i was so cool haha.

    That dress is gorgeous ♥ you look stunning!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i definitely remmeber the song at primary school dances hahah - it was the best thing ever! i love your dress & hair,you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe.. thanks girls and glad you all remember the song, but I challenge you all to remember the dance routine ;) teehee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit....GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous outfit! now I have that song stuck in my head hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my God, i remember those days, that video was on the other day...... talk about a blast from the past!

    Can I just steal your dresses please, they are lush!♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look gorgeous! love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore the dress !! :) and I too remember those days !! haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that Saturday night song just takes me back to the school disco! Along with the macarana!

    Lovely outfit btw. I love seeing OOTD too- always nice to get inspiration from others! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. truly done right! thats how i would put your complete look... i love catching up on what you ve been upto! it always gives me ideas!! thank you natalie for being so fashion-right! :)

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig