Monday 8 August 2011

Herbal Essences Smooth & Soft

A few weeks ago I was treated to a lunch presentation about the new Herbal Essences Smooth & Soft range targeted at Dry/ Damaged/ Frizzy hair. I must confess that I haven't used Herbal Essences since my early teens so I was interested to learn more about the brand and how they go about developing their products.
Herbal Essences are very much focused on providing the ultimate 'shower experience' as well as how well the products work. At the presentation we were shown a number of studies focusing on the unconscious influence of smells and colour, something I had never previously considered! Apparently a touch of red makes you look more attractive, smelling a citrus scent makes people underestimate others' ages and a slight lemon scent makes you more likely to clean. I'm definitely busting out the lemon air freshener next time the bf looks like he is at a loose end ;).

So what about the scent in the new Smooth and Soft range? I can confirm that, as with the majority of HE products, these smell delicious! The blend of lemon, juicy pear and mandarin create a fruity, yet fresh fragrance that works well with the tropical themed packaging.

Since I have long, wavy hair that is blow dried and dyed all too often anything targeted at dry/ damaged or frizzy hair always piques my interest. I like products that add moisture and tame frizz without weighing my hair down so I can get big, bouncy, healthy curls. With extracts of mandarin peel and pearl powder this range promises to do just that.

The shampoo foams well and leaves hair feeling clean without stripping moisture. The conditioner is a little thinner than I would have liked, but it rinses well without leaving residue. However, I did find that my hair was still a little frizzy after using it and perhaps not as moisturised as I had hoped. To combat this I have been using the Seriously Smooth Mask every other wash to deep condition my hair. Not only does it smell amazing (the scent lasts well on the hair too), but it also works hard to tame frizz. I always know when my hair is getting dry when I get those little 'wings' at the side of my head... (though maybe that's just me?) and with this my hair remains sleek, even through humid tube rides and Summer showers.

Overall the shampoo and conditioner are... OK. I have enjoyed using them, but probably won't repurchase. However, I love the smoothing intensive mask, which I think is comparable to other high-end masks and treatments I have tried. At just £4.07 it makes a great luxury treat at a budget price! It's also on sale at Superdrug for £1.95 here.

Have you tried the new Herbal Essence Smooth & Soft range? xxx
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely try the intensive mask - my hair is so dry and I'm trying to grow my layers out so this could help! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get those wings too and I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try this mask, my hair is dyed and I use a lot of heat so it sounds perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice posting. Now you can find free buy leads for your herbal products business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Здорово! Как раз нахожусь в поисках "де-фриза". Непременно попробую маску. Спасибо за обзор!

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig