Friday 17 September 2010

Work It Out: Installment Vingt

If you have been reading my outfit posts for a while, you may have noticed that I very rarely wear trousers. Even this weekend when I reluctantly squeezed myself into my Diesels in preparation for the cold weather the bf was shocked. I believe his exact words were "You are wearing jeans! What's the matter?" hehe. It's not that I have anything against trousers, it's just that I can never really find a pair that fit me as well as I would like, so I live in leggings. Low rise trousers, and not being blessed with Britney's pre-baby/ pre-frappuccino stomach, usually leave my hips with bumps I would rather not expose to the world ;).

Despite my fear of what I affectionately call my 'cupcake (rather than muffin) top' this season I have been obsessing over paper-bag/ peg leg trousers, especially the high-waisted ones. They look fantastic on slim hipped girls and athletic figures, accentuating curves and creating a beautiful silhouette. So after lusting after a pair on the catwalks... in the shops... on the streets I decided to give in. If at this point you are wondering if I ever think about anything other than fashion... yes, I think about food too.. therein lies the problem ;).
This whole outfit, now I come to think of it, is from Zara. The trousers and shoes are this season and the puff sleeved shirt is from last season (though they have now brought them out in a few different colours).

The material on these trousers is what made them really stand out. The fabric is very thick, but still soft and has a beautiful paisley(ish) embossed pattern. (Sorry for the rubbish photo).
What do we think of trousers? Am I alone in my futile quest to find a pair that fit (instead of chopping me in half)? Does anyone have any recommendations for longer length, form fitting trousers?

P.S. Please don't say Long Tall Sally ;). xxx
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. love the trousers! i saw a pair in h&m that i want to purchase.

    i personally prefer trousers over skirts because i'm not a fan of my calves, but i do have a hard time finding ones that fit properly. if you're looking for denims, i have to 100% recommend the levi's curve i.d. jeans. there's a quiz you can take (http://eu.levi.com/en_GB/women/index.html#curveid-quizz/intro) which will determine which curve you are (slight, demi, bold).

    i haven't purchased one yet but i did try a pair and it was the absolute PERFECT fit (and my body's a very particular shape so it's hard for me to find jeans that fit perfectly EVERYWHERE). this has never happened to me before so i'm super excited about it!

    -dani
    http://callitbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think u look great in pants, you can definitely carry them off, you have a really nice figure, no "cupcakes" in sight! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gap have brought out a range of black trousers and they're really nice. I have the Really Skinny y pair and they hug the legs nicely without cutting off your circulation! Also available are the True Straight, Modern Boot, Curvy and a few other styles. They come in different leg lengths too. Check them out if you get chance!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have the same problem with trousers and worse yet, jeans! I have a similar figure to yours, probably a little bigger around the middle, and rarely find trousers that I like myself in. Finding jeans that fit is a constant struggle - they're either baggy, extremely flared or so skinny that most times I can't get my calves to go through!

    I've had most luck with trousers at Mexx and Esprit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these trousers!! I always have to chop trousers, but Next petite length is quite good, and they have a long fitting too which will prbably be just as good?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello esta tudo lindo aki segui o meu tbem mui besos lindoOO*.*

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig