Friday 17 October 2014

Review: Cowshed Anti-Ageing Perfecting Night Serum and Skin Perfecting Facial

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of popping down to Cowshed’s Carnaby spa to sample their new Anti-Ageing Perfecting Night Serum in a mini facial. After an early start and a long day in an air conditioned office my skin was looking far from its best and I was definitely in need of a few quiet moments to let the day melt away. The new Cowshed Skin Perfecting Facial (£85 for 75 mins) is a gem. While it keeps true to the usual routine of a facial (cleanse, steam, exfoliation) the yoga style massage that is performed using the new Anti-Ageing Perfecting Night Serum is absolutely fantastic. While being extremely relaxing it works hard to bring out your facial contours, get rid of any puffiness with lymph drainage and stimulate blood flow while firming and tightening the skin. Divine! I would love to book in for the full treatment soon.

Cowshed’s Anti-Ageing Perfecting Night Serum itself is the ultimate all in one skincare treatment. I have recently tried to simplify my skin care routine (to save time and in the hope that if it’s simple I will be more diligent in doing it every day). I have always struggled with my night-time routine as by the time I’m finished with my day I am so ready to crawl into bed (probably having already fallen asleep somewhere beforehand… on the sofa, on the tube, but hopefully not at my office desk). However, as I wear makeup regularly I know how important it is to have a thorough cleanse and make sure my skin can recover overnight and stay hydrated. Therefore, I have been sticking with a micellar water for makeup removal, a cream cleanser and then an eye cream and an oil left on overnight. The Cowshed serum- oil hybrid is absolutely perfect for this and fits into my routine really easily. It has a beautiful, calming scent, is lovely to apply as it feels smooth, but not too ‘oily’ and is packed full of botanical actives and essential oils.

The Anti-Ageing Perfecting Night Serum is designed to address multiple ageing concerns such as loss of radiance, fine lines, pigmentation and dry skin. It is infused with brightening, tightening ingredients such as the Actiscent complex, which not only gives the serum its dreamy scent (combining natural extracts of Sandalwood, Green Tea and South American Copahu), but also works to stimulate cell renewal and turnover. VC IP is an extract derived from Vitamin C, which is added tp help strengthen skin’s antioxidant abilities. Matrixyl 300 Lipo Peptide stimulates skin’s repair process to improve skin tone and elasticity, reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Juvenity is a complex anti-ageing lipid, that works inside skin cells to protect, restructure and thicken the dermis and epidermis, encouraging the production of healthier skin cells. It also features natural compounds such as of Rosehip oil, Evening Primrose oil, Jojoba oil, zinc and vitamins B and E.

I have been trialling this oil serum for the last 2 weeks and have to say that I am really impressed. I am sometimes wary of oils as some I have tried in the past have had a slightly unpleasant scent and have been a little heavy, taking a long time to absorb into the skin making it feel greasy. This serum is very light and smells beautiful. It sinks into the skin leaving a light layer of oil on the surface so that you feel your skin is protected through the night, but not suffocated. It definitely plumps and smoothes while keeping skin nourished and hydrated, which is particularly important in the harsh, cold months of winter. I adore it.


Cowshed Anti-Ageing Perfecting Night Serum (£48.00) is available from all Cowshed UK Spas, shops and www.cowshed.com
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Before, I didn’t know that night serum is an important part of one’s skin care routine. Thanks to beauty bloggers, now I know its contribution to skin care!
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Nars Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a free sample of this in my beauty box, I have combination oily skin and after 2 nights of using this I thought I'd wake up with enough oil to fry an egg on my face instead I wake up with soft feeling skin, no oil just soft, hydrated and balanced skin! Definitely one my must have list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As serious as fashion can be, there’s no denying it’s also a form of entertainment, and sometimes that entertainment comes not with clothes, but with words spoken by people who’ve had an impact on the industry. Whether it’s Coco Chanel and her worldly wisdom, Marc Jacobs talking about his propensity for making “real” clothes, or Simon Doonan sounding off about, well, anything, the best fashion ones that say so much with a few short words. Check out Robecart.com Designer Women's Top Fashion Brands it has the best selection of fashionable clothes, jeans, dress, bags, shoes, accessories, etc.

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig