Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Home Comforts - Candles

With the days growing colder and darker I find myself increasingly looking forward to cosy nights in on the sofa. So with home comforts in mind I thought I would do a little round up of my favourite scented candles at the moment.

 
In keeping with it's higher price tag this is one of the most deeply scented candles I have ever had. The essential oils of tuberose and rose give it a delicious, sweet scent that reminds me of Turkish delight. This candle is perfect for relaxation as it is very soothing and calming.

I was given this candle at a PR event in Spiced Punch, which contains notes of bergamot, orange peel, cedarwood, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and vanilla. This candle creates a beautiful, warm, spicy yet comforting aroma, which is perfect for cold winter nights! The packaging is also gorgeous and it makes a beautiful addition to my coffee table. The only (tiny) thing that lets it down somewhat is the fact that the PL design is a plastic sticker, rather than a permanent etched image. Especially as you are paying a little extra for the DP logo over the normal white, embossed ceramic holder (normally £28).

 
These are super affordable and come in a great selection of colours and fragrances. I can recommend the mulled wine.. yummy! These make great stocking fillers too.

Neal's Yard Calming Aromatherapy Candle - £28
This is a beautiful candle infused with delicate organic rose and geranium essential oils. The fragrance is well balanced and creates a comforting aroma in the home, without being overpowering. The 100% organic blend of beeswax and botanical wax means there is no sooty smoke or harmful toxins. 
I have absolutely no idea how these work, but I absolutely adore them! The light at the bottom comes on as soon as you light the candle and cycles through the colour spectrum with a gentle glow. These are not the most strongly scented candles, but they do add a lovely splash of colour to any space.

Yankee candles are a classic with an amazing range of delicious fragrances. These come in a great variety of sizes from individual tea lights to large jars. They also have a great range of Christmas fragrances, guaranteed to put you in the festive spirit!
Jo Malone candles make a perfect, indulgent gift for yourself or a loved one. The exquisite range of fragrances is more akin to perfumes than scented candles and fills the room in minutes with a refined and interesting scent. Even the smaller travel candles are extremely potent - pricey, but worth it in my humble opinion ;).

I hope this little review and collection of my top scented candles is helpful to some of you. Please let me know your favourites and recommendations! xxx
SHARE:
© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig